This is not news. We are one of the many businesses dealing with the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic. We have been deemed an essential service, as your pets are still going to require medical care during this time. However, we have very particular protocols that we must follow because we are a medical facility. We follow all protocols set forth by the CDC, but we also follow protocols set forth by the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association (GVMA).
Process for All Appointments at Family Pet Hospital
We have outlined a process for all appointments with your pets to keep our staff as well as our clients safe and healthy. Here’s what you need to know:
- Please make all appointments ahead of time. You can either call us at 770-928-9094, or you can fill out our Contact Us form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- In accordance with the GVMA, we can no longer take appointments for boarding or grooming. We apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know as soon as these services are back in order.
- When arriving for your appointment, please park your vehicle and exit with your pet on a leash or in a carrier. You will then hand the pet off, and we will have any discussions necessary over the phone.
- We are observing extra sanitary precautions while your pet is in our custody. Your pet and our staff are of top priority!
- All payments will be taken over the phone. This gives you the ability to stay 6 ft from the cashier as well as avoiding any germ transfer to or from your credit card.
- When returning to retrieve your pet, again you must exit the vehicle to obtain your pet.
- If you are coming by to pick up medication, you will need to completely roll down your car window and extend your hand from the vehicle.
These protocols are changing rapidly as we learn more about the virus. We will update this blog regularly to make sure we are adhering to the protocols set by our governing medical associations. We will also make sure to update you via social media and email. So, if you have signed up for our email list or followed us on Facebook, go ahead and do so now for regular updates.